Happy MLK Day!

I Love Hearing What Others Have To Say...So Leave a Comment:

Martin Luther King Jr. Was and still is the Greatest Visionary and Pioneer in the African American Civil Rights Movement.  I stop to think of the words he spoke in his now legendary "I Have a Dream" Speech at the March toWashington & the words which he spoke these summed the whole speech up for me:
"This faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day."

I am free because of the Faith of my ancestors and one man who stood among many & told them anything is possible if we just believe and mantain that faith to make it through.  Because if you dont believe or stand up for your dreams and yourself no one will.  I'm ever grateful for his sacrifice, many are called but not all answer and if it werent for him answering the call of God, we as a people could still be drinking out of seperate fountains,pushed to the back of the bus, forced to withstand racial brutality that we of this generous have yet in a whole to experience.  At times I like to imagine being brought up in such malicious and volatile time and in my mind I say I could of done it but my heart weeps from the thought of being turned away from a hot meal or a warm seat.  Things I take for grated now adays like being able to walk through a front door of any destination, walking down the block without having to step into the middle of the street for a white person.  Going out my way to avoid walking to all white neighborhoods so I wouldnt be harrased.  So much was given by this man and even still to this day his name rings on a undeniable truth that Freedom has yet been attained by us all as far as the world, but with purpose, faith and determination anything in reguards to Freedom is possible whether it be personal, religious, liberty or justice for all. Peace Out Mobetta

No comments:

Post a Comment